Hi guys, and happy Monday! Today I just have a short post for you, just to share some exciting news that Alma books emailed me about the other day...
This is not a sponsored post - as an avid reader and devourer of children's books myself, I wanted to spread the word!
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but this Monday was the start of Children’s Book Week set up by Book Trust. Alma Books is a fantastic independent publishing company that publishes an amazing array of books - along with a gorgeous selection of children's books - and they decided that they would help to promote children’s books across the whole month of November, to stretch Children's Book Week to Children's Book Month!
There are a lot of exciting things happening, so check out everything below!
- Alma Books are offering 50% off all children's classics including all the usual suspects – The Secret Garden, Peter Pan, The Jungle Books and many more besides!
- Alma are holding The Monster Story Competition – to celebrate the release of The Horror Handbook… where the five best stories will be printed in a special collection and signed by Axel Scheffler.
- For those who like to doodle Alma have curated some free colouring pages – created from some of the greatest children's classics on Alma's extensive list.
- There is also a signed copy of The Double Axe to give away to one lucky winner.
- If an adult signs up to Alma's eNewsletter they will send you a link to download a free My First Classics Activity Book.
- Last but not least… David Mackintosh, the illustrator of Dracula, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, has given Alma a beautiful framed print of the dreadful Count Dracula from Bram Stoker's classic tale.
How brilliant does this all sound?! Make sure you head to Alma's website to check everything out for yourself: http://www.almabooks.com/page.html?id=96.
Until next time :)