Tuesday 26 July 2016

DELIGHTFUL NEWS | Alma Books' Summer Reading Competition!

Hello readers, and happy Tuesday! I hope you are all having a lovely start to the *official* summer holidays with plenty of books, ice cream and relaxing days lounging about doing nothing :)

Today I have some exciting news for you to kick off your summer reading with a bang - Alma Books' Summer Reading competition! Alma Books is a wonderful independent publishing company based in London, which publishes loads of beautiful, interesting and carefully-curated books with a value of quality over quantity. I have been sent some wonderful YA and children's books by them and I am very impressed with the quality of the literature they produce and distribute. 

To celebrate the arrival of summer and to kick off your summer of relaxing and reading, Alma Books are holding a competition to get you and your kids stocked up on some, what I would call, essential children's classics. I don't know about you, but in my opinion the summer holidays are the perfect time for re-reading your favourite books, and the books on this list include some of my favourites from when I was younger (including Black Beauty, Little Women 
and The Railway Children). The titles up for grabs are perfect for instilling a love of books in young readers. You can even choose which FIVE Alma Junior titles you want to include in your set, so you can tailor your summer reading for what is just right for you!


Sounds great, right? All you have to do to win is tell Alma Books which was your favourite children's book as a youngster, and why you cherished that book – did it make you fall in love with reading? It doesn't have to be one of the books on the list, and if you convince us of the brilliance of this book they might bring it out as an Alma Junior title (I know, the power would go to my head too - mwahahahaha!)

Email your entries to competition@almabooks.com with the five books you would like to win from the below selection. All entries will be signed up to the Alma Junior mailing list for more great offers and book news. The competition closes on the 31st of July.

I would recommend all of you to enter this competition - it is surely too good to pass up! Good luck and I hope you all have a lovely summer of reading, whether you win these classics or not.

Let me know what you're reading this summer in the comments <3

Until next time :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment