Monday 15 February 2016

How To Deal With Blogging Slumps...

Hello, readers! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are not too sad about going back to school/university/work. I have had an absolutely hectic weekend so am looking forward to a bit more of a calm week. I have had a very productive Monday so far, so I'm hoping that means I can have a bit of an early night!

Anyway, today I thought I would talk to you about... yes.... the dreaded blogging slump. *shudder*. It makes me tremble just thinking about it. But don't worry yourselves, as I have compiled some advice in my horribly scattered brain that you will hopefully find (to some extent) helpful. 

Everyone comes to a point in their blogging career when they have simply nothing to write about. The inspiration is lacking and their are no creative juices flowing. The idea of opening your laptop and logging onto Blogger fills you with dread. You place your fingers on the laptop keys and... nothing comes. This has happened to us all once in a while, but the important thing to remember is that it won't last forever. But in case you're one of the unlucky many who are stuck in a blogging slump right now, here are a few tips and tricks that I use when the dreaded affliction plagues me...

1. Read posts like these.

There are probably hundreds of posts like this one floating around the internet. There are more helpful ones though, with actual lists of posts you could write or thought prompts. These are really worth checking out :)

2. Relax.

Just relax. Read, watch a Netflix show or see friends. The reason why you blog is because you enjoy it, not because someone is making you do it. If you're in the middle of a blogging slump, one of the best ways to get over it is to just relax and wait for inspiration come to you. Although you may feel like it's a lost cause, it will come eventually!

3. Contact authors to write guest posts.

A lot of authors write guest posts for bloggers to promote their book, so why not contact a few and ask them if they would like to write a guest post for your blog? This way, you can have great content for your blog to keep your readers happy whilst you're lacking inspiration, and at the same time make one author very happy!

4. Re-write your most popular posts.

This is one I haven't personally tried (because my most popular posts tend to be author features and book reviews), but if you have old posts that are really popular (for example: 'my favourite YA romances') you can always rewrite them, for example 'my favourite YA romances 2.0'. You can be pretty sure that if someone read your post the first time, they're bound to read a newer and, arguably better improved, post.

5. Write a 'Day In The Life' blog post.

I haven't tried this one out myself, but I'm pretty sure that if you have a loyal bunch of readers enjoying your blog, they're going to be interested in you, the writer, as well! Why not bring a camera (or your smartphone) around with you all day and document what you're doing? You can get some pretty pictures and write a morning, afternoon and evening account of what you have gotten up to during the day. I love reading posts like these, and I'm sure others would too!

I hope some of you at least have found this useful! If you have any tips of how to deal with blogging slumps, let me know in the comments!

Find me on these sites:

My Blog- http://delightfulbookreviews.blogspot...
Twitter- https://twitter.com/long_alix
Instagram- http://instagram.com/alix_long
Huffington Post- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alix-long/
Goodreads- https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...
Movellas- http://www.movellas.com/user/alix


Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment