Wednesday 6 January 2016

My #2016ClassicsChallenge TBR!

Hello, readers! This is a very belated blog post (I was supposed to publish this a couple of days ago... whoops) but one I have been very excited about writing! Basically, I made a very hasty and impromptu decision to partake in the 2016 Classics Challenge! I have never  taken part in a reading challenge before, but I saw that a lot of my blogger friends were joining in so I thought, why not?! Besides, I love reading classics but I still have loads on my bookshelf that I haven't picked up yet, so I thought I would enjoy taking part.

The 2016 Classics Challenge is hosted by the wonderful Stacey from The Pretty Books- go check her out, she's awesome!

The aim is simple- to read one classic every month for a whole year! That's 12 books in total *ooer*. But I'm pretty sure I can do it. I will also be updating you on this blog, Delightful Book Reviews, and on my YouTube channel where I will be vlogging my experience :)

 
I have made a TBR especially for this challenge- I don't have all the books to hand right now as they are either in Manchester or Cornwall (my two other homes other than London!) However, I will be showing you all the books I will be reading at some point or other.




#2016ClassicsChallenge TBR

Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen

Stancliffe's Hotel- Charlotte Brontë

The Night Is Darkening Round Me- Emily Brontë

Anthem For Doomed Youth- Wilfred Owen

Why I Write- George Orwell

To The Lighthouse- Virginia Woolf

Poetics- Aristotle

Cranford- Elizabeth Gaskell

The Mill on the Floss- George Eliot

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall- Anne Brontë

The Awakening- Kate Chopin

L'Assommoir- Émile Zola

I'm really excited to read these- as they are all books I have been wanting to read for a while! Wish me luck that I can successfully complete this challenge *battlecry*

Are you participating in the #2016ClassicsChallenge? Leave links in the comments for me so I can check out your TBR!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment