Wednesday 1 January 2014

Highs and Lows of 2013

I've had a thought that since this is my first New Year whilst having a blog, I might as well have a reflective moment and look back upon the highs and lows of the year that has just passed. I guess the reason why people do this is to make the next year better, so lets hope for an amazing 2014!

Highs
1. My friend's sweet sixteenth birthday party in February; me and two others of my friends went dressed in masquerade masks and posh dresses.
2. Visiting a primary school to give a talk about books and writing (this would feature in the top ten best moments of my life so far!)
3. Andy Robb's and Sara Grant's book launch where I met many interesting people
4. My first author interviews.
5. Finishing my GCSE exams- and getting the results I wanted!
6. Having a picnic in Hyde Park with my bestest pals.
7. Going to Thorpe Park for the first time and getting over my fear of roller coasters!
8. The Challenge (where I met loads of amazing people with whom I will remain friends for life I hope!)
9. My birthday party.
10. A recent Christmas gathering with my friends at my house.

Lows
1. The first few weeks of sixth form, where I was stressed out of my mind!
2. The moments when I thought I was going to fail my maths and physics exams.
3. When I actually did fail my piano exam (probably the worst moment of 2013!)
4. All the time I spent on the internet I could have spent writing.
5. Not writing as much as I did in 2012.
6. Being turned down a few *ahem* many times by countless agents.
7. Putting the iPod my parents had given me for my birthday in the washing machine a couple of days after I had received it.

Thankfully I have noticed there are less lows and more highs, which is a positive sign! This is a bit of a different blog than normal, so I hope that you have enjoyed it! Best wishes for a fantastic 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment